Announcing our 2018 Activities Just for Kids!
FOR THE KIDS:
- 9:15 am Saturday, September 22nd, FREE WILD TURKEY Kids’ Fun Run
- *All participants will receive a special prize!
Kids, come test your driving skills on the NC Army National Guard Pedal Cart Track!
2017 Kids Activities
- ATOMZ LAB will present an educational activity called “A Cool Experience for Young Scientists! .. Presenting 'Birds of Flight'".
- Display I: Light Refraction & Prisms - (Exploring how pigments and light refraction brings out the color in birds feathers.) Activities: Magnified observations with feathers and looking through prisms. Exploring how pigments and light refraction brings out the color in birds feathers.
- Display II: The Physics of Flight - (Newton's Law & Bernoulli's Principle Create Lift) Activities: Various hands-on demonstrations, i.e., blowing between two balloons/cans, using a hair dryer with ping pong balls, how an airfoil works using paper.
- Display III: Hummingbirds vs Helicopters - (Hummingbird's are like natures helicopters, only better.) Activities: Compare how wings have aerodynamic properties similar to helicopter blades. Students will make their own helicopter to take home.
- Display IV: Aerodynamics - (The effect moving air has on birds.) Activity: Wind tunnel. Students explore variables. These variables include the weight, shape, and surface area of the objects.